Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall Fun!

Dan had a buddy who brought fresh caught shrimp up from NC and Dan got himself some. He had to prep them for consumption though. They do not start off looking like they do when they arrive on a plate at a restaurant!
Here he is with his favorite specimen.

That was one BIG shrimp!

We had the ward Trunk or Treat on Friday. I lost nearly all the pictures from it, but here are the few that survived:
Rylee is wearing my wig. I was trying to distract her, as Dan had left her with me and then gone off to collect candy with whatever offspring he could locate. Rylee was angry that I wasn't holding her.

Her sisters came to her rescue, but she was still disgruntled.

Ah, placated with a lolly pop! We won't discuss what sort of a mess THAT made!

The leaves are finally turning colors and falling down. We only have a small tree in front, but the wind was kind enough to blow all the neighbors leaves into our yard. What fun!!
We raked them into a pile and Delaney and Rylee had a lot of fun. Delaney liked to jump in them.

Such a cutie pie!

Rylee enjoyed herself thoroughly. Of course, she just loves being outside. Having leaves to play with was an added bonus.

I love this little rake. $2 on clearance at Target! And Delaney thinks it is just her size.

"Wheeee!" says Delaney. "What?" Says Rylee.

I did finally get around to pumpkin carving on Saturday. I only got 2 pumpkins this year and it worked out nicely.
Callie and a shirtless Delaney claimed one and did a decent job of cleaning it out.

Oops, no picture of Marian, but she did a good job on the other pumpkin, It was nice to finally have actual helpers this year! I made them choose simple designs and we ended up with a ghost and a heart. All had fun!

Our favorite neighbor brought over some Halloween goodie bags and the kids ended up with Vampire teeth. What fun!
I love Callie's expression! She was so funny! Delaney had trouble getting the teeth in, and she had trouble with the proper expression.

Marian liked the teeth so much, she wore them most of the day. It is leading to some slurred speech.

I love these girls!!

No comments: