I have been on a quilting kick quite recently. It has taken a bit to get anything done, what with the 500 other things that need to be taken care of around here! I do need some advice though. I have e tendency to go overboard. I love bright colors. I love colors! And when I finish a quilt and look at it, its not always as great as I had hoped. Sometimes 2 fabulous fabrics are not so fabulous when put together.
I am currently almost done with one project, and I want to begin another. Here is the one I want to get crackin' on!

I love the blues. I love the starfish and fish. I had originally thought to put it with the lighter blue fabric on the right. Then I wondered if that fabric was too busy. Click on it to see it bigger and tell me what you think. Should I go with the solid darker blue, or the lighter, patterned blue? The other one will probably end up as the backing.

And here is my most current delimma. I am done with the top on this quilt and need a backing. My pictures are out of order here.... I picked a lovely red print for the back, and am second guessing it now. Should I switch to the blue?

Should I keep the red?

See, it is a lovely, bright print, and already pretty busy. Will the red be too much? Perhaps I should go find a nice green? What do you think I should do with this one? And do you think it needs a border? I was going to do one, but then thought it might make it too big. Its 10x9 rows of 6" squares, and I didn't mean to make it quite so large, but I loved the fabric!
So, that's what I'm mulling over right now. I would love your opinion on this! I have no vision, no sense of colors, and zero idea of how things will look at the end till I get there!
5 comments:
With the disclaimer that I feel like I have no color/fashion sense, I have to say that I like the light blue with bubbles to go with the first quilt. It makes the quilt brighter, and I like how the bubbles go with the fish and starfish.
I like the blue backing with the second quilt. From the picture, I don't really like the red color.
Good luck making your choice. I know how hard it can be.
I like the starfish one on either fabric, but I kind of like the lighter one better. The other quilt I like better with the blue backing. The red and the purple don't quite gel to me.
If the fish quilt is for you, I like the dark blue. If it is for the kids, I like the bubbles. I definitely like the blue for the purple quilt. I wouldn't put a boarder. It is beautiful as is.
I join the crowd. I like both colors for the fish, but think the light blue brings it to light. I go for the navy vs the red on the second quilt. Good for you for creating while you have so many other things to do. They are lovely!
I recognize that fabric! Thank goodness for Dumpster diving grandmas! I personally like the darker colors.
Post a Comment