Lately, I have thought of that and wondered, "why me?". Why me to have such a great life? Why me to be happy hanging out at home all day? Why me to have 5 wonderful, amazing, adorable kids who are healthy, whole and happy? Why me to have a great husband who does the dishes, takes out the trash and is currently holding a snotty nosed, crying, cranky baby? How did I get so lucky?
I mean, I made some pretty stupid choices in my life. (Obviously I made some darn good ones too, to be here now!) 12 years ago, if you'd shown me my life today, I wouldn't have imagined I would be here. I expected to be somewhere very different by now. So why did I get chosen to have a nearly perfect life? I'm pretty sure there was some intervention in my life to put me where I am right now. Why did the Lord look down on me and say, she gets to win the life lottery? I don't know. It makes me feel a greater sense of responsibility to do a good job with it though.
I am very blessed. I have a great family. I was raised in a great family, and I married into a great family. Seeing my children play together nicely today gives me hope that they'll also feel like they have a great family. I feel very thankful to have the Gospel in my life. To have an Eternal perspective and to have an idea of what matters has made such a difference in my life. I am grateful to know that I have an Eternal Family, and to know that my Savior loves me and cares about me. And I know that if I end up on the other end of the Why Me spectrum, I'll be able to endure and get through. And if I'm really lucky, I may be able to do it with the grace and the amazing attitude that my friend Bryn has. (Check out her blog on my friends list. I'm not smart enough to put a link in here!)

2 comments:
I ask myself the same question in the same manner. Although life gets rough, it's the bumpy parts that help me really enjoy all the smooth parts. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful moments for us to read.
You are blessed indeed! Your family is wonderful - all of your families. You are sweet to mention me, think I needed that right now. I have not been graceful at all lately - just grumpy. Thanks for that. Really, why not me? It's how we roll.
Post a Comment