We had a great Christmas. We had a good weekend. Yesterday was fantastic as well. Today..... somehow I completely lost control. We had a play-date planned, because I knew the natives would be a bit restless. We had 2 of my friends come over, with 3 of the kids' friends. I thought they would all play nicely together. They did, but it involved a lot of running and screeching and it somehow required the pulling out of every toy they could in that hour. The toy pulling out was expected, the other total chaos was not. I don't know why it was unexpected, but it was. You'd think my children were savages, the way they acted. Plus, Callie kept getting food out. One of our friends had brought vanilla wafers and yogurt covered cranberries, and the other brought cocoa to share. So Callie figured she should share our cookies. I kept putting the bag back, and the next time I turned around, there were more cookies. (My delicious, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that I made last night!) There were cookie crumbs all over, half eaten wafers, and random cranberries, and I never saw it happen. It suddenly appeared out of nowhere! The finally left the table and raced off to play, with more screaming and shrieking. In case you are one of our friends, it was all okay. The kids make bigger messes on their own and louder noises on their own, its just for some reason, I thought they'd play sweetly and quietly with friends, rather than so rambunctiously.
And somehow, that did not wear them out for the day. It merely set them up for an extended version of it for the rest of the day. Well, the rest of the day has involved significantly more tears, teasing and accusations of dastardly deeds. Plus, Rylee, (who was happy and content all morning) has been screaming most of the afternoon. It is a bit wearing on the nerves and amplifies everything else. I'm slowly teetering on the edge of santiy. Even as I sit here, I hear Callie saying "nah-nah-nah", And Marian is shouting "Shut-up". Oooh, now there is screaming......
Yes, Marian had pinched Callie in the shoulder. Sigh.
Let me remind myself why I have children, and why I love my girls, shall we?

4 comments:
But aren't you glad you have all of them? I have to remind myself on "bad" days that I am so grateful to be a mother and that my children are all healthy.
Oh, so typical for us mommies. We love our girls (and boys) but we also have days when we think, WHAT AM I DOING?=) Hang in there.
Some days are just like that. I commend you for letting them live.
Rylee looks a lot like Joshua in those pictures! How fun! I'm currently listening to Denali crying her head off trying to take a nap. She'll be asleep in my arms, but as soon as I lay her down it's all over. *Sigh* back to comfort her again now... :)
Post a Comment