Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Monday, December 21, 2009

The Aftermath

If you read the last post, you know that we had some fantastic snow. Close to 2 feet, actually!

This is what the kids looked like on Saturday in the middle of the day.

This is what Joshua looked like just before dinner!

This is what the girls looked like after they got done playing in the snow.

This was Sunday morning. Church was cancelled. We made the kids sit through a family devotional instead before we let them loose outside. And I went out to join them!

Marian made a lovely snow angel.

Dan cleaned off the drive and the van. Check out how deep the snow is!

One of the few sweet moments between Marian and Callie; Marian is pulling Callie on the sled!

We tried to make a snow fort by packing the snow in the trash can and dumping it out. This method worked really well for our neighbor last winter. Unfortunately, we had too much trouble getting the snow out of the can to do it! We piled the snow high using the shovel instead.

Callie ate snow. Fortunately it is gorgeous, white, pristine snow still.

I made a snowman!

After playing in the snow, the kids came in and were bored. Since our Saturday night Ward Christmas Party was cancelled, I had a lot of leftover, unfrosted gingerbread cookies. I had frosting already made and I thought, why not? I turned the kids loose on it all and they had a very good time.

Here they are, all together and HAPPY!

Note that Delaney is on her 4th layer of frosting!

Joshua and Marian were being so silly last night I made them let me take a picture. But Marian stopped smiling when I got out the camera.

This is what the front yard looks like today. They cancelled school thru Wednesday, so the kids won't go back to school before Christmas. They are now on their Christmas Break 3 days early! And Dan has the day off as well. I think he'll be ready to return to work tomorrow after 3 days snowbound with all the kids!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I can't believe how much snow you have gotten this year!! It looks like everyone has really enjoyed it.

Stjerne said...

Oh my, that is alot of snow. How fun. My kids want it to snow so bad in Cali :) Ha!
Those are great pics.