Tonight I look at the chaos and mess that my house is and I want to pull out my hair. I see all the things I want to do, but I can't because I spend all day holding Rylee. She is a sweet, adorable baby, but she's not happy unless she's being held. So if I can't do something one handed, it doesn't get done. I can't fold laundry or wash dishes. I can't pick up very efficiently, so I don't. Its also harder to discipline the kids and the teasing and attitude is getting out of control.
So tonight, I am a little discouraged. I know that some things have to slide right now, but I'm tired of it. I want my house to be neater. I want my kitchen squared away. I want that giant pile of laundry to magically fold itself and not reappear again as soon as I've got it put away. And I really want the 5 million toys that are scattered throughout the house to be gone. Sure, I could do some of this in the short periods that Rylee sleeps, but really. On the scale of what I want to do when I have 2 free arms and some peace and quiet, laundry and cleaning are pretty far down the list. Ah-hem.... what am I doing right now?!!
Thank goodness Dan is so wonderful in the evenings and on weekends! He's holding the baby right now. I can still hear Joshua and Marian heading for bed. This is my only quiet time. Dan will go to bed soon and it will be me and Rylee until midnight. I'm now going to get myself ready for bed so that I can jump into bed as soon as Rylee is down for the night!

4 comments:
Would she be content to be worn in a carrier or sling???? When we brought Grace home from China she was not content unless she was attached to me--all 18 lbs, all day long. It was great. I wore her in a Beco Carrier, and I loved it, because it didn't feel like I was carrying 18 lbs all day. My other kids hated their carriers, but the Beco really is nice and I still wear her on occasion. I do feel for you. It is hard to know all that should be done, but that you just cannot do. Just a season of your life.
Rebecca,
"Sherry" who made the comment, was really me. I was doing some work on my mom's blog earlier and so was signed in as her.
I would die if I had to wait until Midnight. No way she would go down at like 7 and wake up for a feeding at 12? That's stinks. Savannah had to be held a lot so I feel your pain, and to get her to nap I had to swing her in her car seat nothing else would work. I'm sorry. And 10 stars go to you for taking 5 kids to the store, I won't take 2 unless I have not option. Keep up the good work, I don't know how you do it.
I think you are pretty amazing. I really do. Enjoy the time while you've got it. I figure when I look back, I don't think I will ever be sorry that the house wasn't cleaner. Eternal perspective - right?
Post a Comment