Poor Delaney. She was outside and some black wasps had decided to make a nest in the area she was playing in. One landed on her face and stung her. I didn't know she'd been stung- she cried, but it
wasn't the "I'm dying" cry I would have expected. She didn't really even sound hurt! She's a tough cookie!

Here she is. You can see the sting there above her lip. She held the little freezer "boo-boo bunny" (fabric bag filled with rice that you keep in the freezer for times like this) on her lip and stopped crying quickly.
Shortly after, her lip started to swell impressively. She decided she was feeling self conscious about it and did not want a picture taken. This is her, avoiding a picture. But you can still see that her one cheek is a little swollen and red.

I admit, I was in stitches over her poor little face. She looked so funny, all distorted like that. She was a tough kid though. She never cried again, and was ready to go back outside. Grandpa took the wasp spray outside and took care of the overabundance of wasps. When I asked if her lip hurt, she would say "
Bugga hurt my lip!
Bugga hurt my lip!"

Here is another look at that fat lip. It went down again pretty quickly too. Thank goodness for my essential oils! By bedtime she looked normal, and only had a little
puffiness around her cheek and eye. She didn't complain at all. She just repeated "
Bugga hurt my lip!"
1 comment:
Congrats to your parents! That is an awesome mission call. I love that you described Marian as feral; I truly believe several of my children are feral, too.
Post a Comment