The thoughts and pictures here have nothing whatsoever to do with
each other. If you are only interested in cute snapshots of the kids, you may want to scroll right past my ramblings to the pictures.
I have had a fun time enjoying the different atmosphere in laid-back Arkansas, as opposed to the nuttiness which is DC. One of the surprising things I have discovered is a neat little radio station that has some great political stuff on it. One of the things they discussed this week was Liberty vs Equality. It was an amazing
light bulb moment for me. They mentioned that people tend to think one or the other of those 2 things is the most important. And while they can mutually coexist for a while, eventually Equality will infringe upon Liberty, or Liberty will infringe on Equality. So, which camp do you fit in? Is Equality more
important than Liberty? Or is Liberty more important than
Equality. I'm more firmly in the Liberty camp myself. I agree that we are all equal, to a certain extent. However, if I work hard, I want what i have earned. If you are a slacker, you do not deserve a part of what I worked hard for. My feelings of Equality do not extend that far. I do not believe that the government needs to enforce Equality. I think it needs to back off and let us have Liberty.
To be honest, I think this makes less sense now that I've written it and none of you have heard the talk that got me thinking about this, so I
apologise if it is not clear. But that's okay. I just wanted to spew out this thought that has been rolling around my head all week. And now I am done!
And on to the pictures of some fun stuff from the week.......

The kids have had a blast playing outside. Somehow we ended up with algae and tadpoles in the fountain again. However, after last years Great Tadpole Rescue, the adults were not going to do a repeat, but the kids were quite actively attempting one on their own.
unfortunately, their rescue attempts mostly included scooping water (with the occasional tadpole) and dumping it in the grass or on the driveway. That is cousin Sarah there in the
life jacket. Don't ask me, I have no idea!

It started to rain and what did the children want to do? Play in it!! Delaney was such a hoot, running around in the rain.

And they did not let a little downpour interfere with the serious work of "saving" the tadpoles. I don't know if you can see the rain, but it was really coming down. I had to strip down 5 kids when they came in- everyone was drenched, and happy!

We went to the library program on Saturday. It was a cute sing-a-long and it was well done. The girls had a good time. Callie was so cute, getting into the movements and shaking her thing. She and Delaney were picked to come up and help out with the hula. They got to wear grass skirts and flower necklaces. Callie tried to do the movements, but Delaney just stood there- which is a lot more than I expected from either of them.

Saturday afternoon we went to the lake. The weather wasn't too cooperative, but the kids could care less. Delaney had a marvelous time, walking in up to her chin and back out. She dunked herself once, going under and floundering till I scooped her up. I thought she would cry, but she looked at me, big grin and said "I did it!"

We brought a bunch of floats and they liked that. Grandpa was the most fun, but after a while, I think they wore him out!

And here is Joshua, hamming it up for me! He had a good time and we made sure he was
sprayed thoroughly with sunscreen. Last time he burned and peeled. No one got any red at all this time-
yay!
3 comments:
I feel the same as you about liberty, We have been slaving away in school for many years now and still have lots of years before we are finished. But when we are finished i don't want the government to take all the money we have waited 15 years to start earning.
It made sense and I agree with you.
I agree too. You put it very nicely.
Post a Comment