Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, July 16, 2009

More with the Chickens!

I seem to be much busier than I expected to be this summer. I didn't mean to not blog till now, I've just been busy! I am planning a lovely series of snapshots of the progress to getting the rental house painted. Unfortunately, it has rained all week, and there has been no painting. Did I mention the thunder and lightning that comes with the rain? Yep, we've been getting the whole package, all week. I think its grumbled and rained every day this week. Wish us luck on the house painting tomorrow....

In the mean time, here is my new favorite picture of all the children!

They love the chickens. We've had to define what "chasing" constitutes because Marian claims she is not "chasing" them, while the evidence would imply otherwise. She managed to grab 2 of the poor things this day and made her siblings very happy.

The kids got a refresher course on the proper way to hold and pet the chickens. They really do a good job with them, but Callie tends to pull tail feathers while she's in hot pursuit. Not a good thing.

Delaney makes me laugh. She was so excited to pet the chicken. I wasn't sure she would, because she's so scared of most animals. These are really good chickens. Callie kept grabbing the red one's beak, and the bird didn't do a thing. They do not peck or scratch. They just suffer quietly. They'll be glad to see us go, I expect!

No comments: