Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, November 2, 2007

Marine Corps Ball

Let me first mention Halloween. Dan took the 3 older kids out to trick-or-treat, while I handed out candy at home, and watched the baby. The kids had a fabulous time and came home with piles of loot. Waaaay too much loot. I may actually throw some away.

Tonight was Dan's Marine Corps Ball. There are like 50, but the one he can go to was tonight. He's been in long enough that HE has been to 3 of these Balls, and I have not been to one with him until tonight! So not fair. And still not fair!

I was ready by 5:30. And that was no picnic, let me tell you. The number of layers of clothing involved alone made going to the bathroom a difficult chore! Still, I had 2 inch heels and lipstick. When was the last time I did that? I can't even remember. Dan wasn't ready when the babysitter got here. He did manage to get dressed so she could take a couple pictures. The kids were a hoot- they wanted to be in the pix too.

We got out the door and Dan suddenly realized he didn't have his rank insignia on his uniform. Ug. We had to drive to his work so he could collect them from his office. We drove the 30 minutes to the Convention Center where it would be held. It started at 5, and it was now almost 6:30. Dan had to put his insignias on and put the blouse on, and it was cold and windy and we'd had to park forever away and walk.

We walked in about 2 seconds after they closed the doors to the ballroom where it was all held. We missed the band, the ceremonies, the speeches, the cake cutting... everything! Well, everything but dinner. I was cross about that. We finally got in and found that our table had only one empty chair! Ug. We had to wait until everything was over and then we were able to get a seat. On the plus side, dinner was fantastic and the cake was tasty. We got to mix and mingle and see some of Dan's coworkers and some of our friends. It was fun. We never get dressed up and go places! We met the Major General and he ordered Dan to take me to the dance floor, so we danced. As the imbibers got a little rowdy, I was ready to go. We got home about 10pm and the 3 older kids were sacked out in the hallway. Good enough for me! Delaney is currently wide awake and chatting up a storm and its almost 11pm. I'm so tired and I'm ready for bed!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Isn't blogging fun. It is fun to read about your family.