Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Family Pictures

Well, I finally got us in for family pictures. It was like pulling teeth. Dan complained that we didn't need them. Yeah, our last family picture was summer of 2006, when Delaney was barely even in my tummy. So I dragged everyone in and no one wanted to cooperate. Dan was actualy very good, once he decided to be supportive. Callie didn't want to be in the picture and she refused to smile or even try to be cute. Marian was sweet and cute and did everything she was asked to do. Joshua too, except he's perfected the fake smile grimace and it is not attractive at all. Delaney just wanted to slurp on her thumb, but at least she was content.

After pictures were done, Dan grumbled that it was taking too long to go through them and decide what I wanted and needed. I suggested that he could go return the items that I needed to return. He declined. I suggested that he could take my list and go shop. He grumbled some more and then took 2 kids and did that. I picked out the pictures I wanted and Dan was back before I even got to the paying part. He was cross I wasn't done. I wasn't happy that he'd gotten the wrong wet wipes, but I didn't complain.

We finally got out of there, but without any of the shopping I wanted to do. Later, Dan looked at the credit card statement and yelled about how much the pictures had cost. Sigh. I went to pick up the pictures on Saturday and Dan was unhappy with the family pose I had chosen. Why? Why do I even bother?! Because I wanted family pictures, darn it!! And I liked the family pose. Sure, it wasn't classic, or perfect. It showed each personality very loudly. It was US, and it was cute, and it makes me smile every time I look at it. And we have just enough pictures to send to all the family, so it was good for me! I am quite glad that ordeal is over though.

No comments: