Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Just Another Day in Paradise

So, we went to Gatlinburg, TN for Turkey Day. Dan's parents, and his sister Jenny with her family were there too (she has 5 boys and one baby girl, so it was fun!). It went really well. Gatlinburg was great, but way too overcrowded and overpriced. Worth mentioning though is that the Ripley's Aquariums all offer a 90% discount to military. Yep, I said 90%!! Our family of 5 got in for less than the price of one ticket! And it was a good time. The kids loved it. these bubbles were my favorite part. The kids could climb underneath and stand in the center, surrounded by the fish tank. Way cool. Dan loved the sharks, Marian thought the horseshoe crab pool was the best, but that's just because she could get her hands wet and touch them. Callie ran back and forth and thought everything was wonderful. Delaney was along for the ride, and I was happy that they were out having a good time.


The kids had a blast with their cousins, and Callie loved her Grandpa White. She can be such a charmer! Joshua learned to play pool on the pool table in the cabin, and he thought he was hot stuff. It did take him a bit to understand that even though it was more difficult, the pool cues where necessary, and he couldn't use his hands. Oh, and Thanksgiving dinner was tasty. My mother in law made the BEST stuffing! I made the pies, and I do admit they were good.


Did I mention that it was an 8 hour drive to get there? The kids were amazing. I did have to trade places with Joshua, so he sat in front and I kept Delaney entertained. He loved being a big boy in the front seat. It was convenient for me as well, that I could adjust the girls' DVD player and help them get stuff. So that was a good thing. We made it, we survived, and we even had a good time! Am I ready to repeat this for Christmas?!!

No comments: