Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, June 23, 2019

How was your Sunday Morning?!

 How was your Sunday morning?  Mine was not a very restful one.  I got the kids out to the van and it would not start. It made an ugly noise like it was being zapped. Fortunately, I am amazing. I dashed through the rain, zipped Josh's car down and jump started the van.  Then I zipped Josh's car out of the way and sloshed back to the van and we were off!  We aren't even late.  But I was rather damp and my shoes went squish-squish-squish. To make the day even better, I got to speak in church.  Oh, and I was teaching Relief Society.  Good times.

Things got even less fun when the van utterly refused to start after church.  No amount of jumping made it want to go. Our awesome friends helped troubleshoot it for us.  Karli suggested her husband Teddy could "hit the thingy with the other thingy", and he did.  I had expected some specialty tool to wack the starter, but it turned out to be a tire iron.  And it didn't work.  Nothing worked.  Teddy said it was probably the starter. So we left the van in the church parking lot till I had time to deal with it (Spoiler, it stayed there will Wednesday.)

My mad skills, getting us going.

Did I mention it was raining?  All day, every day for 2 weeks.  

But I'm okay. I got this.  I am a strong, independent woman...." 

 Did I mention how awesome Teddy is?  In his church clothes, under my van to try to get it running.  He crawled under there several times and I felt horribly guilty.

 - - - - - -

Update:
It took me 3 days before I had the time to call and wait for the tow truck.  And I waited for a break in the rain.
This does not really sow the mad skills of the tow truck driver.  He backed this truck through the narrow opening into the parking lot, off a busy road.  I was impressed!

 Then he loaded up my sad van and drove it to the shop.....
...where they told me the battery connecters were corroded and loose and that was my only problem.  I was rather bitter that it was such a stupid thing, and also rather grateful that it was such a cheap and easy fix.

No comments: