Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Back at the Beach

 We wanted to go to the beach on a lovely Saturday.  Somehow we decided to head towards Sand Dollar and Sea Glass Beaches and find a good place to stop. If we didn't find a new place we could park, we would just go on to Sea Glass Beach.

We followed the road around the coast and passed our parking spot for Sand Dollar Beach. There were cars taking it up already, so we continued on.  We saw a sign that said "Beach" with an arrow, so we were adventurous and followed it.
We ended up driving down this for a bit!  It ended in a parking area with about 10 cars there, so we joined the crowd.

The path down to the beach popped us out to this glorious sight.

It was a lovely beach with soft sand, which is rare. But the soft sand and lovely beach was just here.  You could walk to the right and in 1/2 mile or so you would find Sand Dollar Beach.  To the left, you would eventually get to Sea Glass Beach.  We went left.

It was mostly this coral rock and no sand.  No good shells to find either.  And no sand dollars.

These girls did not care!  Oh, did I mention that we brought the dog?!  Levi was thrilled to be out sniffing stuff.

Much climbing was done. And much fun was had in the process.

I needed a picture of this because it made me think of my geologist sister and how much fun she would have with these rock formations. 

 Trying out their poses.

Being silly.  And making me laugh. 

 Levi did a surprisingly great job getting up and down the rocks.  He was having a blast.

I know, they made me take a million pictures.  Be glad I did not post them all!! 

I think they wanted every mountain climbed to be documented.   

 And they sound this little cave.  It was not very exciting.


Levi enjoyed the sand, but boy was he a stinky mess when we got home! 

 I do not know why Callie is flaring signs.  I think she's just too cool.  Actually, she is, since she found this nifty little cave here.

 Rylee is sulking up there.  Apparently I forgot to take her picture and she was mad.  Since I had taken 500 pictures already, I don't know how she knew I had missed one!

 Selfie at the Beach! I'm loving it!

Levi loves the beach, but is not a huge fan of the water. He prefers knee deep or less.  So Callie was particularly pleased with herself that she got him to swim out and back from that rocky island.  

 And here he is, swimming back in!  He was such a good dog.

We did walk all the way around to Sea Glass Beach and it was a lot of fun.  We made it halfway back before Levi cut his paw on something and we alternated between walking him back, stopping so he could lick it, and getting him to walk in the water to rinse if off.  It ended up being a little cut on the side of his main paw pad, and it stopped bleeding once he stopped messing with it and we got him in the car.  We may need doggie boots for him. Our awesome felt-bottom boots were amazing and kept our feet safe.

No comments: