I got my hair cut. It was long. And annoying me. So I chopped it off and I love it.
My friend Hope took me to Shabu-shabu for lunch. It was similar to the Yakiniku, except you cooked this in boiling broth, rather than grilling it. I liked this better. I can cook the veggies no problem in boiling broth! That bowl on the left is heated to boiling and you get to pick 2 kinds of broth. The meat and veggies keep coming (well, you do have to ask!), and you can get noodles as well. It was delicious. And there were yummy sauces to eat it all with. I would do it again! Not for dinner though- Lunch was a pricy $20 as it was!
My friend sent me a new pie recipe. So I HAD to try it. It called for a 9" pan, but I only had an 8" pie crust and the batter all fit inside, so I thought I was good. Nope, it dripped quite a bit of butter and each time it did, flames would spurt up. I also overcooked it because the stinking oven apparently only has a "broil" button for show and it turned off when I set it to broil. Eventually it crooked the top, but I think it would be amazing with a little less time in the oven than I had it in for. It was a nice custardy pie and I will be making it again! You can make it too: http://thedomesticrebel.com/2015/09/01/sugar-cream-pie/


1 comment:
I just saw a recipe for a sugar cream pie (Creme Brule in a pie crust!) yesterday, and almost posted it to your Facebook page. I'm glad it (mostly) turned out. And I love your hair cut! It is so cute.
Post a Comment