Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, October 23, 2016

A Japanese Lunch!

 My friends Renee invited me out to lunch. I felt very brave, trying something new.  It was a tiny little cafe with maybe 6 tables inside.  There was a minuscule kitchen and they only served the set menu for the day.  Fortunately it was tasty stuff.

The tiny little dishes of vegetable sides.  I don't know why the photo is turned sideways.  And I'm sad you can't see how small the little dishes were.  There was a little salad of noodles, cabbage and apples in mayonnaise.  It was surprisingly delicious.  There was pumpkin square that was mostly just pumpkin, but it was good. And there was a little belle pepper with what tasted like quiche inside.  All was yummy.

See, I gobbled it all up! 

The main dish: Teriyaki chicken with what looked (and tasted) like egg salad.  An odd combination, but not yucky.  And fish.  I actually ate it.  Be proud of me.  I ate most of the fish and confirmed that I do NOT, in fact, like it at all.  I confess that I was impressed and surprised that it had no fishy flavor.  But I still couldn't do the texture.  But the rest was good! 

Dessert was a vanilla ice cream parfait.  And that, my friends, is a candied and fried slice of sweet potato.  And it was good!

No comments: