But first.... It was a lovely Christmas. The kids got up around 6 and went to check out their stockings. I got to sleep in till after 7. Dan and Callie went and delivered cinnamon rolls to the 2 guys locked up in the brig and they guys who had to be on duty with them. The presents didn't get started till close to 9, which was fine. It was a leisurely morning, and no one complained.
Much fun was had while opening gifts and many were the exclamations of "Just what I wanted" and "Yay"! It seemed that all were satisfied and delighted with their haul. The kids did a great job of putting their stuff away and the house was fairly clean by bedtime. I proclaim it to have been a delightful day.
The poor tree was squeezed into a corner, just barely big enough to fit it. I thought it looked perfect.
Levi had to be a part of it all.
Rylee's favorite present was this mini-harp. Our neighbor plays the harp and Rylee is obsessed with it.
Marian is happy with this, and I know her hiding spot so I will be ...ahem....helping her to share.
Someone made this same face for all his photos. I shall save them for his future girlfriends.
One of my favorite gifts of the year! I can't wait to start trying the recipes.
Marian was happy to get a shirt that met her specifications. Joshua was jealous.
I can only assume his face indicates an overwhelming feeling of joy.
Delaney's face is overcome with joy. What spectacular gift has moved her nearly to tears?
She got a sewing machine. She is super excited to learn to use it and she already LOVES sewing. I'm pretty sure she can already hand sew better than me.
Mmmmm.... Mexican cocoa.
Could she be any cuter?
I was rather excited about this, and then was rather disappointed that it did NOT contain actual moose munch. I think they got me twice on that trick.
Love this kid. Love the sweet gifts the kids gave to each other.
I can't even tell you how much fun has already been had with this!
Merry Christmas!!

No comments:
Post a Comment