Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, January 1, 2016

Cookie Decorating... Yep, it happened!

I promised myself this year that we would do gingerbread cookies.  With the boys gone to Hong Kong, I felt the motivation and made the delicious cookies.  The dough is divine, and I may have consumed a good portion of that myself.  Once the cookies were done and cooled, I made several colors of frosting and let the girls go for it.

I was astounded that the 4 of them sat nicely at the table and shared well.  They didn't fight or shout or mess with each other's cookies.  I couldn't believe it!  They frosted pleasantly and had a marvelous time!  They even got ALL the cookies done!  What alternate reality had I stumbled into?!!!

Delaney was delighted to carefully craft her gingerbread man.

Marian put a lot of time and effort into her creations.

Ryle just aimed to have as much frosting on them as possible.

I can't get the picture to turn, but here are some of their finish products.

Ryle took a break from cookie-making to lose her very first tooth!

Such a cutie pie!

Marian, showing off her cookie.

They had blast doing the "Ninja-bread" shaped cookies.  Aren't they fun?!
They were also delicious.

No comments: