Now, we are not equipped for a lot of things, and sedation dentistry is one of them. I was worried about Rylee, as she'd been "handsy" last year. The dentist explained our options. We could just go for it and see how she did. Or, we could wait 3 months till he was rotating through Okinawa, and get a medical flight over there and have her sedated in an OR there. Wow! That seemed rather extreme!
I opted to give Rylee the chance to get it done here and now. She amazed me and was terrific. The dentist used the gas, but didn't numb her at all. He did 2 fillings in under 30 minutes- from the time we sat down to the time she got up. Rylee complained it hurt as he was at the deepest drilling point, but never moved her hands and didn't cry or anything. I was so proud of her!
We went to get ice cream afterwards!
Hanging out in the waiting room. We spent more time there than actually in the dentist chair!
Happy with her confetti cake scoop of ice cream.
Doing a silly pose for me.



No comments:
Post a Comment