Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Cherry Blossom Time!

The Cherry Blossoms peaked last week.  I did not realize that they only bloom for a week or two, and then all the lovely petals fall off and are replaced by green leaves.  So the big deal is that there is a limited time to enjoy the "Sakura" or cherry blossoms.  And they were projecting lots and lots of rain for the weekend and beyond.

This year I was determined not to miss it.  Unfortunately, I had a lot of things going on last week and the rain was coming.  I finally grabbed the kids when they got home from school on Thursday and hauled them out with me to go see the blossoms.  We braved gray skies and giant crowds and dreadful traffic, but it was worth it!  We went to the Kintai, since it is famous for it's Cherry Blossoms.... and I know how to get there! 

We parked on the far side of the bridge for the first time and the girls were delighted to play on the rocky shore of the river.

See all the blossoms over there? 

Oh, they do make my heart sing! 

The pictures do no justice to the beauty.

The girls were thrilled to finally get to walk across the bridge. 

 Callie even posed for me.

Delaney decreed it the best thing ever, to be on the bridge. 

You can't even see most of the people wandering about, hanging out, and picnicking under the trees over there. 

My sweet Marian 

Silly girls having a good time. 

Working on my artistic photos!

 
Loving the blossoms.

They were so pretty.  The girls were about done by now though.  They just wanted their ice cream and chicken-on-a-stick I had agreed to.

But I can't get enough of the gorgeous blossoms! 

So pink and pretty.  Just one more photo.... 

Yep, that's me!  I was there! 

Oh yes, this angle is perfect. 

Funniest thing is you would never know, based on the pictures, that it was a mob of people and I had to wait for just the right second to click the camera! 

Taking the boats for a trial run.  

Okay, last picture of the bridge.  I promise! 

Rylee and the blooms.

No one else wanted their picture, so I took mine! 

Got a shot of Iwakuni Castle too. 

Sharing the ice cream.  We had to finish it before we could walk back across the bridge. 

Callie wanted a picture on the bridge.  You can see the castle on the left.

 
And my adorable little Rylee.  
It was a fun trip, despite the chaos, and I got my Cherry Blossom viewing done.  Good thing, because it rained most of the weekend and most of the blossoms fell like rain and the trees are a lovely shade of spring green.... but not pink blossoms any more.


No comments: