This is the front entrance. We parked in the lot on the other side of the street.
Upstairs is clothing. I was looking for a specific pair of shoes for Rylee, but they seem to not have a kid section at all.
Downstairs is a giant grocery store! This is the pharmacy section.
I was looking for Zucchini and saw these. I thought it might be eggplant, so I got some to try. (No, it doesn't work well as a zuke substitute.)
I have no clue what any of this is.
Spices! Yes! I recognize that! We even bought some super-fun "toast sprinkles". Based on the item, it looks like they eat lots of toast sprinkled with various flavors, like "cheesecake" and "chocolate cinnamon sugar", or, my favorite- "pizza"!
Fish, anyone? They do have some amazing pre-prepped stuff. You can buy a container that has all your veggies and meat pre-chopped, with the sauce and spices and everything. Yes, the States have that, but this is fresh, not frozen.
Rylee and I picked this to try out. It is pink and slightly squishy, and was in the bread section.
Rylee bravely sampled it. I did not.
She was not descriptive enough to tell me if it was jelly or bean paste in the middle. She said it was okay, but did not finish it. Dan polished it off later and proclaimed it unexciting, but not bad. He also was unsure of the substance in the middle. (So.... probably bean paste!)
This was what Rylee really wanted to eat! It was very lightweight, and the picture looked like chocolate covered something. She ate it all while I was driving, so I don't know what it actually looked like. It was a fun trip!

1 comment:
I love seeing your trips to the store and reading about your experiences. I also keep trying to read the Japanese writing to see if I can translate, but I am not too successful. However, Rylee is eating a "Super Big Choco" in the last picture. Looks much tastier than the sandwich.
Post a Comment