On Saturday, my friend Laura and her 2 girls took me and 3 of my girls over to the Kintai Bridge. It is famous because it has been here since the 1600's and it is made entirely of wood. No metal at all. It is a big attraction for folks around here (and not from around here.) It isn't just the bridge though. I mean, yes, there is the bridge, but across the street is a lot more stuff. On Saturday, we did the lot more.
We let the girls play at the water, and took lots of pictures. I hope you appreciate that I only posted 35 pictures, not the 102 I took! The girls were fascinated with the very climb-able trees. They also wanted to pose with multiple things. You may note that Callie has decided on a new pose for her pictures, and it has been taken up by the others as well.
After getting feet and pants wet on the river, there was a little snack. Then we meandered across the street. We visited the park and shrine areas. There were lots of interesting things to see. There was a pond with some incredibly large carp. Most of our snacks went to the fish. They were a lot of fun! We checked out the Pagoda and the girls thought it hysterically funny to pose on the steps. They played at the playground. They were cross that I wouldn't let them go into the temple there. I wasn't sure what the proper protocol was. They were quickly distracted when they saw some cats.
After chasing the cats, we went in search of ice cream. We found a lovely place with a huge variety of flavors. I was a little surprised that the girls chose green apple, and grape flavors. I went with chocolate and it was quite chocolaty! They place also had chicken on a stick. It was delicious!!
We had a great day exploring the stuff to see and do there. The kids had fun and I enjoyed it immensely. I'm not going to caption all the photos, so if you feel like it, you can take the 15 minutes check them out.
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment