Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Makin' Groceries

 My awesome friend Laura invited me to go out in town with her, and I was excited to do so.  We made several stops, but silly me didn't think to grab the camera till we were at the grocery store.  So, here is what one might find while makin' groceries in Japan!

These are pears.  I know, they look like apples.  But they are pears.  Ginormous pears.

Seriously, this is not a photography trick. It really is that insanely huge! 

Little dried fishies, anyone? 

Ooooh, they have the best bread here!  This kind comes in a square.  The squares are the same size, but the width of the bread varies.  You can get 4, 5 or 6 slices in your square of bread.  4, meaning super-fat slices, and 6 being a wide, but manageable thickness.

What the back corner of the store looks like. It is all crowded and narrow, but interesting! 

My favorite section!  The ice cream! 

And look!  A familiar name.  Sorry about the glare, but you can probably still see the Hagan Daaz.  

More frozen goods. 

The soy sauce selection. 

Juice? 

Hmmm... the carton is familiar, even if the writing is not. 

Butter!  Now that, I can't live without. 

Beans that don't come in cans.  Very interesting. 

Adorable little mushrooms! 

Nice!  Who wouldn't want to try some "Softly Chocolate Bread"?  Yes, I got it.  It had a chocolate cream filling and the kids scarfed it up, so I assume it was yummy.

Guess what?!  I totally bought this and ate it for lunch!  Don't ask me what it was.  It had noodles and cabbage and sauce and I think, a fried egg on top.  I felt all adventurous, and it was tasty!

 See, here I am, at the supermarket in Japan, feeling all cultured!

1 comment:

Kera said...

I definitely would find the soy sauce section useful =>.