I had grandiose plans to take great selfies to go along with this post, but I did not get around to it. Sorry. You'll just have to picture me in your mind making outrageous faces as you read.
So, Dan got an email on Tuesday from the monitor. He had been trying to get in touch with this guy to get any info on where we might be moving. The email said, yeah yeah, you want west coast or overseas, fine, I have you marked for the Okinawa slot, gimmee a couple days.
Yay! At last, finally some news. But what? Do we really want that?! Yikes! And I don't know if I want to get excited about it. But it felt okay and I didn't violently object.
And then we waited.
How long IS a "couple days"?!
Thursday the monitor let Dan know he was in for Okinawa.
Today, Dan has Web Orders, so it looks like it is going to happen! Unfortunately, Dan understood the monitor to be offering him a specific spot on Okinawa. Maybe he was, but when the orders came down, they were for a B-Billet. This is not so hot for him. He was excited about the spot he thought he was getting and this B-billet could end up being a lot less desirable. But it is too late now.
We're going to Okinawa!
Now the true insanity begins. So many things to think about. So many things to do. So much sorting and purging and planning. And the dog. Aaack! Why did we get a dog?!!
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

1 comment:
Sounds like I might have another family trip overseas in my future!!
But we might go through White withdrawals!!
Post a Comment