Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Rocking the Pink Hair!

For Christmas, we got some hair chalks.  The girls are not allowed to have colored hair at school, and none of them were willing to risk it not coming out.   So the hair color chalks have sat around for a bit.  Today I needed something to distract Rylee with, and it worked.    

She was very excited to try coloring her hair pink.  She said pink.  She definitely said Pink!  Once I was done she claimed she wanted red instead.  Since it took me 10 minutes and she watched me pick up the chalk and watched me apply it to her hair, I'm pretty sure it was color remorse, since she had ample opportunity to shriek, "I wanted Red!" before I was done.

Anyway.... it was pretty easy.  The box came with no instructions.  I had ordered them online with a coupon or groupon or something.  It also had no name brand or anything to google.  So I just went with it.  It did not go on dry.  So we wet her hair and it worked great.  However it was easier to dip the end of the chalk in water and then apply it.  I just rubbed it on her hair and it came out nice and vibrant.  I'm very sad that the pictures do not show the bright color.  It really was a dark pink, almost violet.  Rylee loved it!

The chalk itself was fine. It did not leave residue on my hands and did not feel like chalk at all.  Once on the hair, it gave it an odd texture.  It was chalky and made the hair feel thick and... chalky. After coloring the front of her hair, I finally got smart and put her ponytail in first.  Then I colored the hair.  It worked much better.  Combing out the hair with color in it was harder and made Rylee cry.

We shall see tonight if the color really does wash off.  If it does..... you will probably see some more experiments with more girls using these!

This is what the hair chalks look like. 

This is the top of Rylee's hair.  It really is darker, and much more vibrant in the light. 

She is loving it, but still wishes it was red. 

I only did a little in the back, since there is less to press against when applying it.  Still, super cute!

1 comment:

Tom and Sandy Fox said...

Did the color come out with a shampoo? It does look pretty vivid.