This was my morning view out of the window on one side!
This was the view out the other window. I love the Alps!
I had native granola for breakfast and it was yummy.
I went out for a run and it was COLD! I ran around the block a few times so I wouldn't get lost. However, it was uphill, then downhill and that uphill was a killer! So I got brave and ran straight and ended up here. It was a lovely run, but between the altitude and that big hill, I got a workout.
We went out to visit the Chocolate factory. We thought we should be on main roads, but the GPS apparently is set for "Scenic" because it took us all over these little windy roads! Look at this! It was definitely more interesting and fun going that route.
We drove through the prettiest scenery. Switzerland is so amazingly beautiful!
Here we are, all excited to go see the Chocolate Factory.
Check it out! Nestle originally began here!
At the end of the tour, you could sample pretty much any of the chocolates made at the factory. They just had them on trays and you could gobble down whatever you wanted and however much you could cram in your pie hole.
And I stuffed a LOT of chocolate in my pie hole.
See, they just had trays of the stuff. Lots and lots of trays.
Like this tray. Some of them told you what was on it, some, not so much. This was a guessing one.
And after you got all you could eat, you got to the shopping part. Look at this wall of chocolate bars! Yummy!
I was so jet-lagged. We are 7 hours ahead of home and I was so zonked. I sacked out on the way to the cheese factory. Actually, I'm pretty sure I zonked out every time we got in the car.
We got to learn how they make this! It was interesting, but a lot smaller (The facility, not the cheese! The cheeses were 75 pounds!) than I had expected. They also weren't running everything when we were there. So there was less to see.
They sure made a ton of cheese. Perhaps next time I will go to a factory that makes cheese I like. This was a rather stinky cheese.
They did give us a sample. Actually 3 samples. You could taste a slice that had aged 6 months, one that aged 8 months and one that aged 10 months. I thought I'd be smart and start with the oldest one. Ick! It was potent! the 6 month was pretty good, especially with bread, but I would not get anything older!
After the cheese factory, we went back to Bern and met up with aunt Sue and Uncle Steve. They gave us the grand tour of Bern. It was neat! Nicer had it not started raining halfway through, but still a great experience.
Me, my mom, Aunt Sue and Dan.
We got to ride the bus! We rented a car this trip, so this was the only bus/tram ride we got to take.
They have some pretty churches. The churches are supported and kept up by tax payer money and the government. It is interesting.
Dan is photobombing my selfie!
And check out this toilet! If you are a girl (or need to sit down) you pull the seat down.
And here are some more things, just for funsies:
The houses here are so pretty!
We drove by this castle on a hill. And then, that song was stuck in my head.
Check this out! This is what we're driving! It is super fun, except for all the annoying beeping whenever you get within 5 feet of anything. And we did not know that this car stops when you stop. So we kept stopping at lights and the car would turn off. As you would expect, we were a bit grumpy about this situation. Having to restart the car every time we stopped was quite frustrating. Imagine our chagrin when we discovered the car is suppose to do this and all you have to do is take your foot off the brake and hit the accelerator and the car comes back to life.
This was a fun statue. I'm not sure who the guy there is, but I loved the back here. The little bear is playing with the guy's helmet.
We found a Rameumpton! Well, we found a "Speaker Fountain" where you can climb up on top of the fountain and speak. There were even some benches for your audience to sit and listen.

No comments:
Post a Comment