Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Great Adventure: The Beginning

 I know, I didn't post Mardi Gras pictures.  that will have to wait!  I have something much more exciting to post about!  Yep, a super fun adventure, to somewhere I never visited before!  Dan was in Germany and it seemed silly for him to have all the fun.  So it was decided I would join him for fun and adventures when his work ended.  there was fun, and there was adventure!

Sunday after church Rylee and I drove to my brother's house.  His lovely wife had offered to watch Rylee so my mother in law would have one fewer child.  Since Rylee is the only one not in school, that seemed like a great idea. I am so grateful to my mother in law who was willing to come out and babysit the kids for 2 weeks for me.  I'm a lucky girl!

SUNDAY:
Rylee sacked out 15 minutes into the drive ans slept 2 hours.

I enjoyed lovely scenery like this.

I listened to "Abe Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" while I drove.

MONDAY:
We got to Andy and Kera's house and shared our Mardi Gras Booty with the kids.  Emma was quite pleased.  We spent the night and Kera drove me to the airport Monday morning.

Except there was a little problem.  Look under the car.  See that?  We stopped for gas a couple miles from the airport and noticed that.  Kera pulled forward to see if it was us.  It was.

  This is where the oil went.  Well, the oil that wasn't sprayed all under the car and down the road.  Bad stuff here!  No, there was no warning.  no, we didn't run over anything.  no, there wasn't a light that came in.  It just happened.

I had to call a cab, who charged me $20 to drive me 3 miles to the airport.  I did not leave a tip.  $20.  Sheesh.  I did make my flight on time.  Kera got the van towed, and got home, and I felt horribly guilty for abandoning her to run off to get on a plane to Germany!  But that's what I did.  I made the flight to Atlanta, and the connecting on to Stutgart.  My parents came on the trip with me (DAN invited them!!) and it was nice to hang with them on the long flight.

 Check out my dinner!

 I was excited about it!

TUESDAY:
I'm sorry, this just kills me every time I see it!  Best sign ever!

Most adorable bathroom signs ever!

 Best Book of Mormon Ever!

We drove to Switzerland and visited my aunt and uncle who are serving a mission in Bern.  They fed us dinner.
And we posed on their couch.  I'm pretty sure I was not ready for this picture.

My aunt and uncle have a plethora of clocks.  And by that, I mean like 10. All very cool like this one, which is bigger than it looks here.

My mom and her sister.  Aren't they cute?

No comments: