Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer Library Program

 I love the summer library program here.  They do a good job.  They offer a lot of activities and classes and programs.  Mostly we stick with hanging out in the kid section and entertaining ourselves, and checking off reading hours.  We have also taken advantage of the Saturday morning programs.  They have been pretty good!

This guy is a magician of the old style.  Vaudeville and stories more than straight magic.  He was quite entertaining.  Here he is, doing the "Floating Lady".  We liked him a lot.

Marian enjoyed it.

Heck, I enjoyed it!

 This past Saturday they had Ronald McDonald.  Odd, I know, but the kids thought it was neat.

Callie needed to ask if she could go get a drink, and I snapped this shot.  heh heh heh

Ronald talked about ecology and saving the earth. The usual reduce, reuse and recycle stuff.   Surprisingly, it was really well done and actually entertaining for me.  I felt like the lone supporter, because I clapped for every fun thing he did.  He (and his awesome assistant) did some great stuff, but it was a tough crowd.  So whenever he did something great, I clapped loudly and enjoyed myself immensely.

Because, come on!  It takes a brave and confident man to pull of wearing face make up and a Ronald McDonald costume.  It takes a really great guy to pull it off, and this guy did it.  Kudos to him!

No comments: