Anyway, back to the story. We drove up on Friday to visit them. The kids (and I) could not wait! I knew they had some sheep and at least one cow, but the reality is even better!
Callie is so cute. She is holding Silver, the baby lamb.
I wanted to run over and grab that little bundle of adorablility right out of her hands. I want a baby lamb!
Instead, I let Marian hold her. Silver is being bottle supplemented since her mom isn't producing enough milk, so she is a friendly lamb.
Meet Louie. He's a Great Pyrenees and he guards the sheep. Isn't he big and shaggy?!
There are also egg laying chickens. My girls do love the chickens.
Callie managed to grab this sweet bundle of baby sheep in the pasture. I can't stand the cuteness!
Lamby's mom is a little worried, but Callie was good.
Yeah, I agree, there is such thing as too many chicken pictures. Callie, however, hasn't realized that yet.
And Marian wanted a photo with the chicken too.
While not officially part of the farm, there are some significantly sized frogs there! I was impressed.
Did I mention they have 2 little piggies as well? I like piggies. They are cute. Sadly, they are not available for cuddling.
Levi has been overwhelmed by all these new things to see and smell. Unfortunately, his manners are not such that he can be outside without a leash and close attention. Here he is, peeking out to see us having fun while he's relegated to the house. I think he is getting better, but the cat now has it out for him. It is rather amusing. I take him out for a walk and if I take him down the driveway, the cat stalks us and when we come back, the cat tries to block the way. Levi is terrified to get within 5 feet of the cat, so it makes for an entertaining return to the house as the cat tries to run Levi off, but I'm holding the end of the leash so Levi can only run in a 6 foot radius around me. He yips like a little girl when the cat gets too close. The cat managed to scratch Levi's nose, and I'd be happy to let him do it again. Levi needs a lesson on leaving cats alone.
So we are in Iowa right now and the kids are having a blast with their cousins. It is pretty great!

No comments:
Post a Comment