Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Bad Housekeeping

So, we have a rental house and the renters did not pay the rent.  They were evicted and left, still not having paid the rent.  We went over to check out the place after they were out.  Yikes!!  I have watched "Hoarders" on tv, so this certainly wasn't that bad, but... yikes! People live like this?!  Who just walks away and leaves all this stuff behind?!

A bunch of laundry in the laundry room- unwashed, but decent stuff.

The kid's room.  My friend who knows stuff said it was the room of a kid who spent all day in the room.  the amount of food on the floor suggested the child ate meals in their room, and the tv and other stuff indicated they just spent all their time there.  I was kind of glad I had brought Joshua and Marian with me.  It was really eye opening for Joshua to see this, and to realize how lucky he is.  You can't even see the crusty stains on the floor.  Joshua was astounded and saddened that a child would live in this room.

The kitchen.  Yep, left a lot of dishes and food in the cupboards.  And on the counter.  You can't see the stove, but there is a pot with food in it on the stovetop.  Dirty dishes in the sink.  Who just walks away like that?!  I've moved probably 20 times in my life and never would I have thought to do this.

The floor of the second bedroom.  I know, you think, hmmmm, it isn't so bad.  Then you look a little closer and realize.... is that poop on the floor?!!!  Yes, yes it is.  And they did not have a dog.  

Yes, it was eye opening for the kids.  Joshua was incensed that someone would leave their house like this.  It was almost funny how irate he was over it.  And he so wanted to call protective services about the kid. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And on to a happier subject.  Remember the other house that the kids helped clean?  I wanted to show the bathroom before and after.

This is what it looked like before.  Dark maroon paint and striped wallpaper.

Look at it now! I know, much less exciting, but a lot more appealing.  A little paint makes a big difference!

No comments: