Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Valentines.. whatever

I know single people are suppose to be the ones who say "Bah, Humbug," at Valentine's Day, but honestly, it is not my favorite holiday. I'm not a hater, I just don't have the creativity and enthusiasm that most people seem to have for it.  This year we did do a pretty awesome Valentine for the kids though.   I was googling ideas, and I wanted something that was candy-free, cheap, and easy to make.  I mean, come on, with 5 kids, I have to make around 130 Valentines!  This is what we came up with:

 I know, totally adorable!  I saw it on a blog and loved this idea.  I did not make my own mustaches. I know, they were cuter, but I could not find adhesive felt.  So I ordered the mustaches from amazon, and they were about $6 for a pack of 36.  Sweet deal!  I took pictures of the kids and then emailed the photos to my amazing Sister in Law who put the writing on the photos. (Cuz I'm not smart enough to do that and have no program to do it.) Then I uploaded and ordered the pictures from Walmart.  Easy Peasy!  And so cute.  Well, we did have to cut out the mustaches and we used the glue dots to put them on.

I guess I didn't take pictures of Joshua's finished product.  It was awesome.  I wasn't sure how 6th graders would take it, but he said they were quite popular and kids not in his class were asking for them.  I'm so glad they liked them!


Well, Marian, being Marian, did NOT want to use a picture of herself.  So what else would she do but use a Cheetah!  I know, perfectly logical!  Again, it was quite sought after by all the kids in her class and not in her class.  So I was very pleased with these.  And, NO CANDY in them!

I should mention that my favorite Valentine girl celebrated her birthday with a party.   Her best friend has his birthday a few days after hers, so his mom asked if I wanted to do a joint party.  YES!

We had it at the local Bounce House place and the  kids had a blast. 

 Even Marian, who I'd have thought was a bit old for such a thing.  We had 22 kids in all, and it was a rowdy good time!

It was perfect because the other mom brought finger foods, and the Bounce House place supplied drinks and pizza and ice cream.  They also did all the clean up. Score! 

 I did the cake.  It was cute and yummy.

Yep, the 2 of them agreed on a dragon cake!  Isn't it adorable?  Yeah, yeah, I know, professional cake makers may mock, but I'm happy with it and the kids were delighted.  Plus, did I mention it was yummy?!

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Oh I am so impressed! You are amazing. Really. Yay for you and your cute kids and the easiest birthday party ever.