This is what became of the drawer full of medals. 5 Triathlon medals from North Carolina, 1 half marathon from Dorchester, (but there should be 2, since he ran it twice), 1 5k first place medal from AR, one DC Ragnar, and one Richmond Marathon. Yeah, just writing that made me fall in love with him all over again!
Since I have decided my method of dealing with life in Louisiana is to do as many fun races as I can, I felt that I needed my very own medal rack, so I got one for me too!
I know, not as cool. I have my Jazz 5k finishers medal, and 2 triathlon medals. Then I put all my favorite Mardi Gras beads on it.
That made me feel quite smart. I hopped back on Amazon to find a good rack for the kids to hang all their beads on. We have a lot of beads. Actually, saying we have a lot of beads is like saying the ocean is a lot of water. We have been through the beads and have gotten rid of 3 bags of them. I found a great over-the-door coat rack with good solid hooks and got 2 of them. I told the girls to sort the beads and whatever doesn't fit on their coat racks has to go. I thought it looked super cute and it has done a lovely job of keeping the beads off the floor. Yay!
Delaney and Rylee's collection!
Marian and Callie's prized beads.
And now, for the last of the Mardi Gras Parade pictures! The base had their annual parade yesterday and it was short and sweet. Less fun since school was in session and watching the kids is the most fun part, I think.
Yeah, it is a whole new military since they repealed DADT!
Just kidding, these are the Young Marines.
Coast Guard float.
Rylee with her loot! She had a good time and being cute definitely helps you get those beads!

No comments:
Post a Comment