My children are required to wear an ID card. Yes, required. Because you know, kindergartners are too dumb to know their names, and 5th graders need responsibility. I don't know why they need to have them, but they do. And it annoys me.
Yesterday Joshua came home and said he'd lost his during PE. Somewhere between entering the locker room and ending up in the middle of the gym, it vanished. In the middle of the school. No one had turned it in by the end of the day, so he had no id, no locker key and no usb drive with his work on it. No matter, his backpack was in his locker, so he had no books either. Sigh.
Oddly enough, This morning, Delaney could not find her ID. I make them hook it on their back packs when they get home, so the ID does not get lost. I don't know what happened, but Delaney's is lost. It is $5 to replace the card. Awesome-sauce.
One would think that someone would have turned in Joshua's ID, since he lost it IN the school. One would be wrong. The school called me to make sure it was okay for them to make him another ID and charge me $5. I asked if they were sure no one had turned it in. No one had.
So it makes you wonder, what happened to it? Did it get flung under the bleachers, accidentally flushed down the toilet, or heaven forbid, actually stolen? I mean, it is an ID card for school. A school you can walk into without having to actually show your ID card. A school that I can't imagine any tiny 007 agent from any country wants to try to infiltrate using Joshua's ID card. It is a small school, so I'm pretty sure other kids would notice that a tiny 007 doesn't look remotely like the picture. Oh wait, no one actually uses the ID cards, so I better hope they notice the tiny 007 infiltrator doesn't look like my child.
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

2 comments:
They always made it sound like it was a security issue - as in keeping unauthorized people out of the school. But my kids thought it was hilarious to think any kid would try to sneak in who didn't HAVE to go there. LOL.
I was very happy to see, from your recent posts, that BCA finally has a band - YAY! We thought that was a tragic omission for a school based in the New Orleans area - hello!
My friend says that they are going to start putting tracking devices and making kids wear them all the time when they are at school. I dont know if that is true....but these student IDs sound similar.
Post a Comment