Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Kids are weird


Those of you who know our family may have noticed what an entertaining child Delaney can be.  I don't know if her fertile imagination has carried over into school and her friend's house, but it is full blown at home.  Lately she has been obsessed with her leg.  When she is home, she likes to wear a purple striped sock on one leg because she "can't move it".  She has some Delaney-logic about how when her arm was broken, her leg hurt too so now she can't move her leg.  She broke her arm back in April and has been out of a cast for over 6 months.  She is completely healthy and there is nothing wrong with her leg.  Or her arm.  Or anything else.  She has been saying her leg is injured, but it really isn't.

However, she has been walking without bending her leg for the last 3 days. It was sporadic for a bit before Sunday, but now she won't bend it at all, ever, that I can see.  It is getting a little weird. Seriously, she has been very consistent with her limp.  Enough that it has been causing issues with the "non-limp" leg. If I ask her about where and how and when her leg hurts, her answers are inconsistent, or make no sense at all.

I can't figure out if this kid is a crack-pot, or if she has a very vivid imagination, or if somehow she really does have a genuine hurt going on.

So do I play along?  Should I encourage her or discourage her?  Should I take her to the doctor?  She hasn't asked to go to the doctor, but this is kind of lingering. Maybe the head doctor.....


1 comment:

Savannah said...

How crazy! I wonder what's going on??? Are you at the timeshare in Branson again, or are these old pictures?