Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I'm having a Day.

I'm having a day. And not a good one either. My positive attitude can only take so much!

Yesterday my van died on the way home from picking Dan and Joshua up from the airport. That all worked out okay, and Dan waited for the tow to take it to the dealer. Today the dealer called to say they couldn't find the problem. Actually he didn't say that. He said it was an "internal issue" which really means they have no idea what's wrong. And since they can't fix what they can't figure out, I need a whole new transmission. And that's going to cost $4466.21, plus taxes.

Awesome.

Then I called to try to sort out my allergy shot issue. They say I can come in this morning. I'm happy. Then they call back and say so sorry, your allergy shot stuff is still in downtown New Orleans- about an hour drive away. I'll have to go there. I should have clarified if they meant I'd always have to go there or just this time? Either way, it means a lot more time and hassle for me and I'm grumpy about that. Whatever it is out here that I'm allergic to, is killing me.

Double awesome.

I stepped outside to see how hot it was. Sadly, there were 2 more baby birds on the porch. Yes, dead. There's a nest under the balcony and those tiny featherless corpses are the 4th and 5th casualties. So sad. I need to dispose o them before Callie gets home. She insists on proper burials.

That's just sad and depressing.

I headed off to Walmart because we are out of wet wipes, and hey, way more fun to go all by myself while the girls are at preschool. Plus there are a bunch of other things I need. As I arrived at the store and was just walking in, my cell phone rang. Preschool was calling to tell me that Rylee had puked up all her lunch and was feeling quite warm.

Yeah, I'm so having a day today. (On the plus side, I did not have to clean up all the vomit!)

3 comments:

Megan said...

I'm sorry for the hassles of life that you are dealing with now. I'd feel a little sick about the transmission issue, especially because your van isn't that old, right??? Maybe you could take it to a different place for a second opinion??
Good luck.

Kera said...

Interesting, 3 of my kids have fevers today, but luckily no vomiting!

Bryn said...

My mom said there are days like that, even in Australia!
(Have you read that book? Your day came right out of it - Alexander and the horrible, no good, very bad day)
Love you, hope it gets better!