Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Marian's Birthday

Well, this isn't so much about her birthday as it is about her cupcakes. Marian really, really wanted to bring cupcakes to her class. And she wanted to have confetti cupcakes. So we made cupcakes and frosted them. But this was not enough for her birthday! She wanted CHEETAHS on top of the cupcakes. I told her there weren't any cupcake toppers that I knew of that were cheetahs.

Undaunted, she made them herself. She made 30 of them.

Yep. 30 individual little cheetah drawings. She colored them too. Click on the first picture to enlarge it and you'll see that each cheetah is different, too! Then she taped toothpicks on the back and poked each one in a cupcake.

Here are the adorable finished products. I was really impressed with her work! Marian proudly carried them into class and shared them with her classmates and teachers. Such a great girl! She's 9 now.

2 comments:

mattyanddeidre said...

Wow, that's impressive! Great job Marian! Happy Birthday to her too!

Deborah said...

Marian did an amazing job with those cheetahs. I especially like the one hiding in a bag.