A few years ago, I discovered Blurb.com. I may have mentioned before how much I absolutely LOVE them? Well, I do! And they have a nifty B&W text only option for peanuts. I decided to try it out, and I put all of my letters from 2007 into this little paperback book. Fabulous! I loved it! And now I had a lovely bound book journal. I felt so virtuous and obedient for keeping a journal. And I have done the same for the last years. Love it!
My sister Deborah, who is wonderful, let me know that she had saved all my previous emails. We won't go into how odd that may be, because I was delighted. I had all those letters in a binder somewhere (which I currently cannot locate), but to have them in a convenient hand sized book..... ahhhh, the thought made me giddy! Deborah was beyond marvelous and she individually opened and copied and pasted 52 letters into one long document for me for my 2002 letters. Then she decided that was a lot of work. (Which it was!) This past week, she thoughtfully got me all of 2003. Such fun! Sort-of. That was a tough year. I'm not sure I like reading about it. I feel like I was such a pansie.
I am still in the process of reading and fitting it into a book, since the cut and paste sometimes does odd things, and the last 3 letters come up missing on a few pages. It is so exciting though and I am so grateful for a loving and thoughtful sister who is willing to do so much work for me! Thanks Deborah!
And for your entertainment, I will post a portion of the letter written February 9, 2003 (When Joshua was 18 months old and I was ginormously pregnant with Marian.)
"Wednesday the bad stuff started. The day began innocently enough. We went to the Museum and Joshua had a wonderful time running around giggling like a loon while I followed faithfully. At story time I got him to sit through the songs and finger-plays, and I was excited when he was still sitting quietly on my lap when the story part began. Halfway through the story, what does he do? He opened his mouth and vomited. Once, twice, and then a final third time. I just sat in shock. There were at least 10 moms and a lot of kids, and I was mortified. They were all very nice though. One lady helped me get Joshua to the bathroom and stripped down. It was so awful! Poor Joshy. We slunk home after that. I know it happens to everyone, but I was sure that everyone thought I was an awful mom for bringing my sick kid out. But he had seemed fine! And he didn’t have a fever. However, he proceeded to throw up absolutely everything he ate that day. That was truly horrible. Fortunately, he magically was in the kitchen at the time of most of his barfs, but he did get the carpet too. Sigh. I guess psychologists call it “desensitizing”. I wouldn’t say I’m desensitized, but I managed to survive cleaning up much puke! Joshua was his usual perky, happy self between throwing up, so I wasn’t too worried till he started with diarrhea, too."

1 comment:
That is wonderful to have all of those letters to print into a book! On to your 2003 entry--I had to laugh when you say it is something every mother experiences, because, no, I have never had a child barf all over in public. It would be horrible. But, it just goes to show that some things that seem horrible at the time make for some funny reading years later.
Post a Comment