Some of you may be like me and never had head lice as a kid. Some of you may be like me and never seen lice before. I have now become the louse expert. Let's just say "ICK!"

This, my friends, is a louse. It is a full grown louse. (Yeah, it made me throw up a little in my mouth too.) This is how I discovered my kid had lice. Thank you cousin Catherine for assisting me in solving the mystery of the creepy bug in Delaney's hair. If you are wondering, the school is NOT required to inform parents that there is a case or two or three of lice in your child's classroom. In case you want to know, vodka really does kill lice and nits, when combined with Thyme, Tee Tree and Rosemary essential oils. It may even kill the nasty critters on its own, since it just about suffocates the poor kid with alcohol fumes. Then wash all the bedding and throw all the pillows/stuffed animals in the dryer on hot-hot-hot for 30 minutes. This is what I have learned over the past 2 weeks! We are currently lice-free, in case you are worried.

This was the girls in the doctor's office last week. We saw the not-helpful nurse who said Callie did not have a UTI. Callie is still peeing every 5 minutes, so I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do about it now, since the nurse said there was nothing they could do and it would get better by itself. How long does one wait for it to improve? I know she went to the bathroom a minimum of 5 times during the 3 hour block of church today. Poor kid.

This is the lovely house we will be vacating next month. If you know anyone who is coming to the DC area and wants a fabulous neighborhood and a dumpy house, let us know! I hope a nice family with lots of kids moves in. We have such a great neighbor and they would love a 6 year old boy. Plus, it is an excellent location, has such a good school, and is affordable for this neighborhood. So I want it to go to someone like us!

I was shocked I didn't take pictures of Dan's parents while they were here. Next time I am going to make sure I get shots of them with the kids. They are wonderful in-laws and we don't see them enough. This is one of the 2 pictures I took of them.

Yep, the only shot of them with the kids. And it was at the last minute. Again, wonderful in-laws! And I am so lucky to have them.
I seem to have lost my blogging mojo this past week and I'm sorry. I'll try to have something better this upcoming week. Rylee is growing and looking different every day, so I need to get out the camera and show you.
1 comment:
Okay, I didn't realize that lice were that icky-creepy-crawly. How extremely unpleasant! I'm guessing the school has opted not to inform just to avoid all the calls from revolted parents.
And I don't think I realized that some people referred to lice as cooties. I just thought cooties described some intangible lack of coolness.
Post a Comment