I do not like needles. I do not like hurting. I don't like pain at all. I refused to get an epidural for 3 births because I couldn't stand the thought of a needle in my back. I really really don't like getting poked. So it may come as a surprise that I was willing to get allergy tested this week. If you had seen me last month, it wouldn't be much of a surprise. I have been beyond miserable with allergies this year. I don't want more drugs. Not only do they not fix the problem, they give me more problems. And I can't live with such misery for 2 months every year.
So I went to the allergist and begged them to help me. I got poked 42 times in the pursuit of answers. I felt like a pincushion, although by the time I was getting really uncomfortable, she was all done.
This is the right arm. It is still red, itchy and slightly swollen today. Very allergic to a few things. So now I know I am highly allergic to all trees, most animals and some other things. I guess it would have been better if we moved to CA where nature is dead and barren. As for me, the next step looks like it will be allergy shots. And you know what? I am just desperate enough to suck it up and do it!

2 comments:
I've been getting allergy shots for about two and a half years, and THEY ARE WORTH IT. I'm allergic to trees in the spring, grass in the summer, weeds in the fall, and dogs, cats, and dust all year 'round--so "allergy season" lasts much longer than the usual couple of months for me. :-) The good thing is that, at least from my doctor, allergy shots don't hurt. The needles are tiny enough that I never feel the first two shots even go in (I get four each time). The only sucky thing about the shots is that you feel like you have incredibly itchy golf balls in the back of your arm for about a day afterward. But I've only had to take a Zyrtec once so far this year, whereas in September 2008 I literally* had to use my hands to open my eyes in the morning because all the gunk would glue them shut, and that was on top of the neck-wrenching sneezing AND the horrible itch in my eyes, nose, and throat (you know that place about halfway between your throat and your ears that's impossible to scratch? That's the one). Shots. Are. Worth. It.
I could go on and on about allergies (obviously), but it sufficeth to say that I feel your pain, sister--or rather, your itch.
*I use this term literally, not figuratively, as is all the rage these days.
UGH to the allergies. I am allergic to mold. You would be surprised how often it cramps my style. I hope the allergy shots work. Ummmm, I don't know how into natural medicine you are - but there it s liver cleanse that gets rid of my allergies for about 6 months at a time. It's in the book THE CURE FOR ALL DISEASE by Hulda Clark. It's not pleasant, but it gets results. It's a thought. Good luck!
Post a Comment