Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Not Such a Happy Ending

After a spectacular trip to Africa, I was ready to relax at home. Alas, this was not to be. Marian seems to have brought something home with her!

This is where she spent the last 2 nights. Dan was the lucky winner of the first night and we swapped out yesterday afternoon and I got to spend last night at Fairfax Children's Hospital with her. Nice hospital; good pediatrics, but ug..... it takes so long to do anything! Check out Marian's pointer stick. Dan was an awesome Dad and thought to bring it with them when they left for the ER on Monday. Marian really enjoyed using it and it made her stay much more enjoyable.

She was suffering from inflammation in her Colon and surrounding areas and there was concern about her appendix. She had terrible tummy cramps and hadn't eaten or drunk much in a few days. She was quite dehydrated and they gave her lots of IV fluids. She was a good patient but I was not happy to be there. I wanted to sleep in MY bed! Not in a horrid hospital chair that's only redeeming quality was that it was better than a plane.

Fortunately, we were released today and are happily at home. Whew! No idea what the culprit was, and there were lots of possibilities. Some were ruled out, and we're still waiting on some of the test results. Bottom line is, we don't know what messed up her insides, and they will finish fixing themselves all on their own. I just need to keep her hydrated. She's doing very well and is back to her usual fantastic self. And now I can finally sleep in my bed tonight in peace.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

so sad, but i'm glad she is feeling better now. it is no fun being sick.

Daniel said...

Poor Marian! Poor you! I do hope all of your intestines are back to happiness. Yay for Dan for being such a fantastic dad. M