Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Monday, January 24, 2011

This takes the cake!

The Boy Scouts made mini cakes last Mother's Day. Since Dan was in charge of the project, I got to purchase about 10 mini cake pans. I was quite cross when Dan returned home without my pans. I wanted those pans! I harassed him for a few months and yesterday, Dan got in the car after church with pans in hand! Yay! I was so excited to have them that the kids and I made mini cakes after school. I let them eat half their cake and the rest was saved for dessert after dinner tonight. They enjoyed their confectionary delights and it was a lot less messy than I expected. Well, with the exception of Delaney, who opened all the lids on the sprinkles and dumped them all on at the same time.

This was Marian's pose of choice. Such a silly pickle!

At least Marian's pose is better than Joshua's. I was just happy he didn't grimace!

Delaney was in rare form! This is what she did when I said I wanted to take her picture.

Then she was so busy gobbling her cake she forgot to keep her eyes shut.

Such a cutie pie!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

ha ha! As I scrolled down through the pictures, I said to myself on the last one, "Such a cutie pie" and low and behold, that is what you had captioned the picture! So cool!
I love seeing pictures of your kids and keeping up with you. Maybe I will be inspired to put more effort into my blog and pictures of my kids.....hopefully!