This blog is people writing letters to themselves when they were younger. It is strangely compelling and somehow riveting reading for me! I am fascinated by it. What would I say to myself? What would I try to change? What nuggets of wisdom would I impart?! And then I think it is a silly exercise, because I already know how it turned out!
I am a person who would never, ever chose to go back and relive any part of my life. I had some really rotten times, and I had some really awesome times, but I would not want to go back and do them over again. Well, some parts I wouldn't mind having a second shot at and doing right, but how would it impact me now? What difference would it make in my life? If I were to go back and choose not to date someone, or choose not to make a dumb choice, how would my life be different now?
I have a pretty sweet life. I have a fabulous husband. He's not perfect and he makes me crazy sometimes, but we're in this together and we're going to work it out. And he is perfect for me. There is no one I would rather be with for eternity. I have great kids who brighten my life, and I love being a mom more than I ever thought possible. I mostly like me. I like my life. If changing anything in my past would change this as my future, then I would choose to do the dumb thing. I would not change anything that it took to get me to where I am right now. The trials and difficulties that resulted from being stupid made me who I am. Do I wish I hadn't done some things I did? I sure do! But would I change me now? Nope. Okay, that's not entirely true. I would totally change a hundred things about me, but I would not be as far along in my work in progress had I not done dumb things and suffered the consequences.
I guess if I were to write to myself, I think I would tell me to hang in there, and hang onto my family and I will be happy and have a better life than I ever expected. I wouldn't give me any advice, because we both know I wouldn't (and didn't!) take it.
I maybe shouldn't blog when I'm tired. I think I have forgotten my point. Would you change anything in your life? Is there any advice you might have for your younger self? If there is, you should visit this blog and submit your letter!

No comments:
Post a Comment