Before we proceed to the meat of this post, I wanted to talk about something totally not baby. I wanted to share something about Joshua. He has decided he wants to play the violin! I am actually really happy about this. My friend Shelly moved away. How is this related, you ask? Well, in addition to being my friend, she was also Joshua's piano teacher. In an excellent twist of convenience, Shelly would pick Joshua up from school, take him to her house, teach his lesson and then let him stay to play with her son for a bit. And then she'd drive him home. I know! It doesn't get any better than that!
I was looking for a new piano teacher after she left and I was not enthusiastic about having to drive Joshua (and therefore everyone else!) to a lesson. And I was less enthusiastic when I realized how much more expensive it would be as well. So when Joshua came home from school with an interest in the violin, I was delighted. Much cheaper than piano, plus, no work required of me! What's not to love?!
And now onto our regularly scheduled stuff....
Joshua loves his sister. He is not as effervescent as his sisters about it though. His is a big-brotherly love. He's not really interested in the day to day aspects of caring for a new sister, but when he says prayers...... it melts my heart to hear his pray for baby Rylee with such sincerity and care.
This one could care less. I think this is the only time she has held her sister. Marian is not that maternal. She thinks its all interesting, in an academic way, but the crying, the pooping, the spitting up.... not a lot of fun there for her. So she's content to just observe when she feels like it.
Callie LOVES her sister. Callie asks at least 20 times a day if she can hold her. I say yes more often now, because Callie only holds her for 30 seconds, and then she's done. Of course, she asks to hold her again 5 minutes later. Callie loves being a big sister again. She wants to be a helper and to do whatever she can for baby Rylee. Its very sweet. Occasionally annoying, but very sweet!
Delaney also loves having a new baby. I don't think she quite understands that Rylee is not the same as a doll. And I don't think Delaney quite understands that she is not a baby herself. She wants to climb into the swing and bouncy seat and car seat herself. She also wants to help me carry baby, and old baby. It is cute, mostly.
Daddy loves his new baby. He does not like his picture taken, but he does love his little girl. He hands her right back when she cries, but when she is content, he is happy to hold her.
As for me, I love my baby too. She is so cute and sweet. Right now she's a bit crusty and gross though. She has gunky eyes and she's been spitting up a lot the last day, so she's a little on the icky side. I keep hoping that this is as bad as its going to get and she's not going to get the crud we've been fighting all week. I think all the kids are healthy today, maybe some residual coughing, but the runny noses and sore throats seem to be over. I'm crossing my fingers that Rylee doesn't get sick.

3 comments:
I love baby Rylee, too! She is adorable! I wish I could hold her! I am excited for Joshua to start violin lessons. Cool stuff.
Cute. Your kids are so cute!
Rebecca...she is soooo cute! What a sweetie!!! Congratulations.
Post a Comment