I like General Conference. I love that we get to hear from the prophet and leaders of the church and there is always lots of great stuff to hear. Usually I make the whole family attend the first Sunday session and Dan and I usually try to get to one alone. The rest we enjoy watching from the comfort of home, where we can multi-task and not have to keep children quiet- we can just send them away!
This year, with having a crusty-eyed new baby, I wasn't sure we'd make it to church. Then we learned that it would not be broadcast to our chapel- only to the stake center. I hate going to the stake center, so that ended any thought of hauling the family out to view Conference in a church setting.
I do like to go to the church. I feel like I skipped Sunday if we don't go. I will admit that it is a bit distracting to watch from home. I feel like I can get more out of it at home, simply because I don't have to worry about what the kids are doing so much. They were good about staying quiet today, and I got to watch both sessions. I always enjoy President Monson's comments and I thought the themes today were especially pertinent to me- mostly the listening to the Holy Ghost parts! Yes, something I certainly need to work on.
I was trying to feel the Spirit as I watched conference, but I'm going to tell you right now, that for part of this afternoon session, I had a really hard time focusing on Conference and keeping a properly sober mindset. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves!
Yes, she spent a good 20 minutes wearing Callie's underpants like a ninja!

3 comments:
That is so funny and cute.
You do get some good pictures. Because we live in Utah and Conference at church isn't an option, I tell myself that my children are the most important thing in the world, so although Conference is playing on the tv and every radio in the house, I can always read it when it comes out in print in November. I still loved both sessions of conference, even with my little distractions.
Oh my gosh, this is too funny! I also posted on General Conference with very similar results!
Post a Comment