My family cracks me up sometimes. And other times, not so much. For example:

Delaney with her baby is pretty funny. She dresses her baby and carts her around. As a matter of fact, last night as I was up at 2:30 (NOT funny!) I could hear Delaney talking. I checked on her and she was playing with her baby- putting underpants on her. So silly! I laughed my way to bed.

Not so funny is how she wants to hold the real baby all the time too. Sure, it is cute, but it gets exhausting. I try to say yes as often as possible, but that's still quite frequently. I appreciate that she loves her sister, but she is not as gentle or baby-savvy as an older kid.

Here is her baby again. Very funny that Delaney needed her hooked into the car seat for our outings today. I was quite amused.

Very not amusing is this baby. This is what she does in the car. Not funny.

This child of mine is a treasure. She is full of surprises and keeps life interesting.

This is the desk work that came home yesterday. It was the correct direction when I uploaded it, but you can still see, even sideways that she has drawn little pictures all over it. If you look very closely, they are pretty well-done and quite cute.

However, her teacher did not find them funny! I wasn't really thrilled about it either. Dan and I had a talk with her about this, as we were also unamused by it.

Sorry this is blurry. I find it quite funny that Dan's method of leaf removal is to mow. It is surprisingly effective though! Less funny is that it does not pick up all the rotten prickly gum balls that the tree drops. Those do have to be raked.
3 comments:
Doesn't your heart just sink when you see a note come home like that from school??? The drawings are quite amusing.
Maybe she needs to be in Art, she obviously has a talent for it. I also hate those prickly balls we have a couple of those trees too.
Great pics of your kids. It looks to me like Marian did the work...and got the answers right. Perhaps her teacher needs to challenge her a bit more to hold her interest. That work looks like that of a bored, inventive child trying to get through the day. Of course, I have some serious issues with the way kids are taught in public schools...so take my comment for what it's worth.
Post a Comment