And I'm thinking that Delaney is trying to kill me. No, I know she doesn't do things like some other people's kids (Jen, Heidi!), but she's getting to be a bit much for me! I had read that people who's infants were rotten, were happier with them when they became toddlers. And people who had perfect babies, felt that when they becme toddlers, their children were much more difficult. I am finding that this is quite true! I am sure that Delaney is no different from my other 3, but she was such a perfect, fantastically sweet baby, that this attitude and trouble is surprising me.
She has a bruise on her cheek today. Why, you ask? She wanted something out of the fridge.... not her sippy cup, not the grapes. When I closed the door, she screamed and threw herself to the ground and bonked her face on the stool. I will mention that this is not the first time- she had a spectactular lump on her forhead from the same thing not too long ago.
The other night I went to check on her before I went to bed. I found a naked baby in the crib. The smarty-pants had figured out how to take off her jammies! Now she constantly has her clothes in a state of disarray and walks around with her shirt half off or her pants half down. She thinks she is pretty funny.
I was doing something and realized I did not know where she was, and it was quiet. Too quiet. She is now officially 21 months today, by the way. I went looking for her and found her hiding on the stairs. She had the zip lock bag of leftover zuchinni muffins in her hand and was scarfing one down as fast as possible. The sneaky thief had managed to get the bag from the back of the counter, open it, and was eating them!
Worst of all was when I woke up yesterday morning. 45 minutes earlier than I wanted to get up and nearly an hour before Delaney usually wakes up, she came strolling into my room. What?! The clever girl had figured out how to get out of her crib, and had moseyed into my room to wake me up, and boy was she pleased with herself!
She's trouble. I'm telling you. She also learned to climb up onto the bunkbed (but not down). I have discovered pink (washable, thank goodness!) marker all over the house. Yep, in the kitchen, in the hall, and in her room! Currently her hair is pink in spots as well, from her drawing on her head. And yesterday, she had a temper tantrum because she got into the van and sat in Marian's booster seat. I had to physically put her into her own carseat and she was pretty mad about that.
Good thing its all just a phase!

6 comments:
That sounds exactly like Ashley. It must run in the family. I just hope it is just a phase she is going through and will end soon.
OH so fun, sounds a lot like Drew.
You have me laughing. I love when they discover how to take clothes and diapers off--such a fun age!!
I feel your pain! Zachary is a demon child and I do believe his entire goal in life from the ages 18 months to 5 years was to get me reported to CPS. HIS best trick was opening windows and removing screens so he could go play outside. He was 20 months, Ty was deployed, and did I mention it was below zero and snowing? Good times. I wish you all the luck I have!!!
love the look on her face on the banister. I've seen that look before, it scares me. On my Jacob. It's amazing the confidence they gain in themselves. Scary. She's so cute. It's just a phase....
I think you need to put her in a cage! Just kidding.
Post a Comment