Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Let us Rejoice!

This month, something amazing has happened. Yes, it has. Dan has paid off his student loans. I know. You are impressed. As well you should be. Dan made it his goal to have them paid off 5 years after they started needing to be paid. We were very good.



We both had a crummy summer after graduation BYU, but we made good money and were debt free at the end of the summer. Then Dan started Law School. He wasn't allowed to work, and I had a dreadful job and we lived on about $1200 a month.

We decided to start our family and along came Joshua, at the begining of Dan's second year. I didn't really work anymore and Dan could only work 20 hours a week.

We loved having Mini-Me.... I mean, Joshua. And then we had Marian, so I could have my own little clone too.

2 little kids, before Dan graduated Law school. 2 little kids, stuffed into our little two-bedroom apartment.

Marian was not quite 2 months old when Dan graduated. Yep, here is our cute little family. It was a proud day. And Dan had a few months before it was time to start paying back what he'd borrowed. By Fall, when the bill started coming, Dan had the goal of repaying it all within 5 years. Gulp!

This summer, we had the chance to go back and visit the Law School. Dan enjoyed it more than I did, I expect!

Callie just loved the duck that was nesting in front of the school front doors. That totally made her day.

The point here is to say that this week, Dan made his final payment and he paid off the balance of his loan. We are student loan free! We owe no man! Okay, not completely true, there is the house thing, but other than that, we are debt free! Whoopee for us! And Whoopee for my fantastic sweetie pie who made a goal and stuck to it!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations Dan! You're my hero.

Savannah said...

YAY FOR YOU! That is so exciting, and such a great feeling I imagine!

Beau & Lenette said...

woohoo! Yeah for you guys!

Megan said...

Hooray!!!! I look forward to the day that we are student loan free; it stinks paying for Travis's first bachelor's degree that he doesn't use. Now, you can save up for something special with all of your "extra" money.