Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, November 21, 2008

AAARRGH!

I finished exercising on my fabulous elliptical machine this morning. It was great- the girls were quiet and happy the whole 40 minutes. Wait..... that can't be good! I sneak upstairs to see what they are doing. They are playing very quietly in Callie's room. I check the mess on the floor. It looks like Callie has spread out all her "treasures" from her special box. And then I do a double take. There is a small pile of hair on the floor.

I at first assume that Callie found the keepsake of her "first haircut" which I never quite managed to get into her memory book. Then I come to the sick realization that it can't be. Its not much hair, but come on, niether of them has much hair! Callie denies all knowledge. Then she says Delaney did it. I can't see any bald spots. I check Delaney's head thoroughly.

Nope, no missint tufts of anything. Although she does have a snotty nose here. And she is getting a bit of a rattail in the back. If that had been trimmed, I'd have been okay. I'm just afraid to cut it because she has so little hair at all right now.

I turn my attention to Callie. The hair in my hand does seem to match Callie's color. Callie is also looking very guilty. Suddenly, I see it!


Can you tell where she trimmed?

Yep, check out that pony tail. She took a lovely chunk out of it. And check out tht face. She knew she was in trouble. Isn't she so cute?
Well, that's what I get for not dragging them out into the 30 degree weather! I could have gone running, but I was being thoughtful and letting them stay warm. Well, not anymore! Okay, that's a total lie. I don't mind running in the cold, but I have a tough time taking the girls out when its below 40.


4 comments:

Deborah said...

I was going to say that I was so sorry to hear about Callie's hair, but I was laughing too hard. :) I'm glad you were able to take pictures of them. Callie's expression is . . . well. . . expressive.

Kelli said...

BaHAHAHAHAHAH! She is killing me!
Gratitude journal entry: I am thankful hair grows back!

Just the 2 of us said...

Your mother told me that Callie had cut her hair and I had this image of a little girl w/ piggy tails but with the tails cut off!!! I am glad that it wasnt too bad. Like another one of your friends said "I'm thankful hair grows back!" Hopefully you will not (knock on wood) hear me blogging about the same situation;) I miss you guys too much!!!

Anonymous said...

I think the previouse friends said it great. Atlest her hair wasn't all the way down to the middle of her back. Love all the pictures