We had a great Thanksgiving! I was a little worried, since I was not familiar with Dan's cousin, and I had been hearing such horror stories from some of my friends about their relatives. I should have known better. Dan's family is fantastic, and his cousin was as wonderful as the rest that I've met. So, yes, we drove out to see Dan's cousin E and her husband for the great Turkey Feast.

Here they are, although I don't think E is really excited to have her picture taken. She put on a FANTASTIC spread!

Check this out... real, facny dishes and everything! I was impressed. Someday we might actually have fancy dishes, but for now, I just basked in the delight of someone else's beautiful stuff. There was a very tasty Turkey and all the trimmings. She did something wonderful with the butternut squash. It was all quite yummy. I brought pie and that also was very good. It was a really nice day. I felt bad that E did all the work and all the clean up and I just showed up and ate. She was amazing and did a marvelous job on dinner. I like her a lot. Her husband is pretty neat too.

We spent the afternoon and evening at their house and the kids were surprisingly good. They were delighted with the toys there, and that helped a lot. Joshua was in heaven with the table, legos, and cars that they had. Having "new" toys makes a difference and the kids were enthralled with what E had at her house.

Ah, yes, Marian and Callie tormented the poor cats and the cats were so sweet. They allowed Marian to haul (and maul!) them around and never scratched or got upset! I was very impressed. The girls were thrilled to have a captive pet for a while.
We tried to get a family picture before we left, but Callie was so done. She had a meltdown and refused to cooperate. Look how annoyed Dan is getting here, hee hee hee. Me and Joshua don't care! Callie can be pretty funny when she's mad. Unfortunately, it got a lot less funny. By the time we got home she was so tired and cranky she couldn't even stand herself and she got to go straight to bed. Other than that, it was an absolutely perfect day! Thank you E!
2 comments:
Sounds like a nice thanksgiving! It's neat to be able to spend it with family.
Looks like you are having alot of fun out there. We had Thanksgiving dinner with the neighbor downstairs. It was really nice but being with family is just better.
Post a Comment