Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Launching Marian

Marian and I flew into Salt Lake City and then drove up to Rexburg.  It was cheaper for me to get a hotel in Rigby, so that's what I did.  It was great!  I had a glorious roads to run and I could run to Lake Rigby and run around it. 

This was the beautiful sunrise I got to run in.

I also got to take Marian to her new apartment.  I'm standing in her parking lot and can you see what's behind me?!  Its the Temple!

Marian's little room.  This is her desk area.

And her closet area.

And her stupid tiny "dresser" and her bed.


Her super-awesome friend Hailee came over to help her with her classes.

She got settled in.  We made multiple trips to Walmart and got her set up with groceries and sundries. She walked the campus and learned where her classes wold be.  We thought she would have an apartment-mate, but the girl didn't show up till after school started and she rarely came out to socialize. (She lived in a 4-person apartment with her own room.)


On our last day together, we went on campus to take pictures.

I was so proud of her!  She was confident and ready!

And the campus is really pretty.

We did an official photo in front of one of her buildings.

And just did some silly stuff.

Selfie with her in the background!

And this was the final selfie, right before I walked out the door and drove away and sobbed for an hour as I drove back to SLC.

She is amazing and wonderful and so grown up and going to do great with college!
 

No comments: